Dentures help to restore a patient’s smile and the ability to chew and speak clearly after some or all teeth are lost. Dentures are artificial teeth on a metal or acrylic base. They prevent "sinking in" of the cheeks and the "aged" appearance which comes with the loss of teeth and keep you looking younger.
Dentures Provide Many Benefits:
- » Restore your self-esteem
- » Regain your eating ability
- » Aid speaking ability
- » Give support back to the lips and cheeks (giving you a natural and younger appearance).
Types of dentures:
The loss or absence of a teeth or tooth can be congenital or early removal of deciduous teeth and also due to removal of grossly decayed teeth.
- » Complete Denture - complete dentures is placed by dentist in the patient's mouth after all the teeth have been extracted and the gum tissue has healed. Healing takes anywhere from a few weeks to a few months by dentists, depending upon the patient.
- » Overdenture - An Overdenture usually requires that at least 2 roots be kept. These roots may be used to hold the dentures in place by placing inserts in the roots and in the dentures. The denture then attaches to the roots. These roots also give support to the denture and help retain the ridge the denture sits on.
- » Implant-Retained Denture - An Implant-Retained Denture is the type of dental prosthesis that uses implants as anchors. We may suggest conventional implants to support your denture.
- » Immediate Denture - An Immediate Denture is placed the same day the teeth are extracted by chennai dental art dentists. The advantage to an Immediate Denture is that the patient does not have to be without teeth during the healing period.
- » Partial Denture - A Partial Denture or "removable bridge" replaces one or more missing teeth, but there must be teeth remaining for the partial to attach to. Unlike a Fixed Bridge, a partial is removable. A partial will prevent other teeth from shifting, preserving your remaining teeth.
- » BPS Dentures - BPS denture are made using the Ivoclar processing system. This unique system uses continues heat and injection moulding technique to produce dentures that are comfortable and functional resulting in the highest strength, durability and esthetics.